At Sorbet, it is our mission to provide 100% Guest satisfaction, seven days a week & wearing a smile. If you are not totally satisfied with your treatment, talk to us & tell us why & if we can’t turn that frown back into a smile, then your treatment is on us.
This policy forms part of the Sorbet Terms and Conditions and words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this policy unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
Subject to Section 56 of the CPA, the clauses are subject to the following reasonable guidelines:
- Products must have been purchased directly from The Sorbet Experience (Pty) Ltd and its Franchisee Stores. We cannot accept returns of products purchased from other retail outlets who sell the same branded products. Please return those to the original store where purchased with a proof of purchase.
- Unwanted & Defective Products must be returned within 10 days of the purchase date.
- Please include a copy of your receipt (or a note with your order #, name, email address and phone number) and your reason for returning the product(s).
- We cannot accept returns or issue refunds on products that have been utilised unless there is a proven reaction.
- Products specified as non-returnable or not for resale cannot be returned.
- Products purchased on sale may only be returned for the value purchased on the system and must be returned back to the original store that it was purchased from, within 5 days.
Subject to section 56 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008, (“the CPA”), if you have received a product from us and it is found that the container (either plastic or glass), is defective or leaking, or if the pump or nozzle mechanism is defective, please contact our Customer Care Line at 011 202 7940 within ten (10) days of purchase and we will gladly assist in providing you with a refund, replacement or store credit.
Please note that the product has to be in the original condition that it was procured in and should not have been opened or utilised.
What is a defect?
A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section
- Faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- Damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- Damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product; and
- Where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
Some products (such as many anti-ageing creams) sold in-store contain active ingredients. Many of these products can cause a transient, mild irritation of the skin upon initial use thereof.
We recommend using these products only after a Face Mapping/Skin Scan/consultation and not to use these items more than three times a week initially and then gradually increasing to daily use.
Refunds on creams or treatments causing an adverse reaction will be judged on an individual basis. If the guest has developed a more severe reaction to any of these products supplied by Sorbet, please contact the Guest Relations Team to advise further and they can be contacted on the Customer Care Line at 011 202 7940.
Unwanted Products / Product Returns
If you no longer want the product(s), you have purchased or ordered online, you may return it to our physical stores within 10 days if the product is unopened and the original packaging is still intact. Please note that the original tax invoice is required in order to process the return.
You may return an unwanted product to us, provided:
- It is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached.
- It is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- It is not listed in the exclusion list – products not eligible for return.
Products not eligible for returns
The following products are not eligible for a refund, exchange, or credit:
- Physical gift vouchers.
- A beauty product, make-up or fragrance which has been opened or utilised (unless there is a proven reaction);
- Products which have been personalised for you or made to your specifications, unless defective.
Services and Treatments
Subject to section 16 and 19 in conjunction with Section 20 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008, (“the CPA”),
Please see our suggested return times on Services and Treatments:
- Nail polish applications – An option for a reapplication or refund needs to be done within 2 days at the store in which the service was rendered in
- Gelish/Overlays/Sculpture/PolyGel/Gelish Dip/Acrylic applications – An option for a reapplication or refund needs to be done within 7 days at the store in which the service was rendered in
- In some instances, with colour application – the shade tends to transpose to what is showcased on the colour wheel and in the bottle. An option for a reapplication needs to be confirmed before leaving the store. No refunds will be given after.
- Nails that break, chip or smudge due to Guest behaviour (chips or breakages) can be repaired at the standard Sorbet repair prices
- Nail growth and any nail application will eventually grow with the nail. Due to this, we cannot offer a fill as a repair.
Hair and other treatments
- All Guests are to confirm their satisfactory levels with ALL blowout and up-style services prior to leaving the store. No refunds will be given after.
- Should a guest not be satisfied with the following hair treatments – colour, highlights, haircut, weaves, braids, etc. a 5-day re-do of the treatment will be permitted, at the store in which the service was rendered in
- For any hair treatments (i.e. KST, B-Perfect, Olaplex, etc.), a guest will only be able to claim a treatment re-application within 5 days after the original treatment
The Sorbet Group prides itself on the highest of quality standards. Should you have any further concerns around your purchase(s) from any of our stores, do not hesitate to contact us on our Customer Care Line at 011 202 7940.